It is amazing how good a long hot shower can feel after a grueling day or a tough workout. But it is equally amazing how annoying it is to run out of hot water before you are rejuvenated and ready to end your shower. However, imagine never running out of hot water ever again. It might sound like a fairy tale. But it is possible if you install a tankless water heater in your home.
The Miracle Of Hot Water On-Demand
Tankless water heaters are called on-demand water heaters because of the way they function. Conventional water heaters have a large holding tank used to heat and maintain a specific amount of hot water. But what happens when you have a greater demand than the capacity of your water heater’s holding tank? Someone gets a cold shower or has no hot water at a kitchen or bathroom faucet.
However, when you install a tankless water heater, that is not an issue. The water is heated as it flows through the water line when you open a faucet. And as long as that faucet or shower is running, more water is being heated. So you can enjoy that extra-long shower without fear of a sudden and shocking blast of cold water. Unlimited hot water could be your new reality.
Other Perks To Tankless Water Heaters
We might have had you at unlimited hot water. But these fantastic units have much more to offer.
- Compact Size- With no holding tank, tankless water heaters are very compact. That makes them perfect for installation under a kitchen or bathroom sink.
- Energy-Efficiency- Tankless water heaters save an incredible amount of energy by not maintaining a tank of hot water. Traditional water heaters are consuming energy around the clock. Even when you are not home, your water heater has 50 or 75 gallons of hot water just waiting to be used. But your tankless water heater will only consume power when you are demanding hot water.
- Environmentally-Friendly- Tankless water heaters save water and energy every day. There is no need to watch gallons of water run down the drain waiting for the hot water when you have a tankless water heater. And because it is not maintaining a tank of hot water 24/7, your tankless water heater only uses energy to heat the water when you want it.
- Longer Life Expectancy- Think about all the hours that your traditional water heater is working when it could be at rest. All night while you sleep, it is reheating that tank of water. And all day while you are at work, it is reheating that same tank of water. And when you go on vacation, your house still has hot water, even though no one is there to use it. However, a tankless water heater works only when you demand hot water. So there is far less wear and tear on the unit. That is why tankless water heaters can last about 20 years, or twice as long as a conventional water heater.
- Lower Operating Cost- Once again, heating water, only when there is a use for it, is far more cost-effective. You are not paying for the energy needed to keep a tank of water hot when no one is in your home. And this savings on your energy bill will contribute to the return on investment for a new tankless water heater.
To learn more about tankless water heaters, call (720) 650-2455. The licensed plumbers at Flatirons Plumbing will provide you with a no-obligation price quote for an installation in your home.